Tuesday, January 31, 2012
feta, olive and tomato tart.
you will need:
2 sheets of shortcrust pastry
1/2 cup cream
100 g fetta cheese
1/4 cup black olives
1. preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. spray a tin with olive oil and lay the pastry down. blind bake for 10 minutes.
3. in the meantime combine, eggs, cream and fetta in a bowl with a whisk.
4. pour the mixture on top of the blind baked pasty. trim the tops and bottoms off the tomatoes and cut in half. carefully place the tomatoes in the mixture and scatter over olives.
5. bake until golden (app 30 mins). then top with basil leaves.
voila! a simple and easy tart. it's definitely one of my go to dishes to take to pot luck dinners or as a side dish at a dinner party.