Monday, May 7, 2012

a new bookcase.

this weekend the yard sales in my area weren't amazing but i was pretty happy to score a lovely handmade dolls house and bag of dolls house toys for $5.
i bought it for my class to play with but after looking through pinterest for ideas on what colour to repaint it, i realised it could also be a unique bookshelf.

 at the moment the roof is an orange colour but i thought i might give it a lift, either by painting it a royal blue or lime green. any thoughts?
and our roses out the front are growing amazing. nothing like a fresh bunch of flowers on the kitchen table.
happy thrifiting and i'm linking with her library adventures.

8 comments:

  1. What a fun little dollhouse/bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic way to use a doll house. Wonderful! I rather like the orange roof, but blue could look good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many cute ideas of re-purposing doll houses out there. Love how yours has turned out. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant idea!!love it, I'll be heading down to my mum and dads for a hoke in their attic for our my sisters old dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea!! Now I want to get my hands on a doll house to make into a shelf for my future classroom xo beck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog. I am happy to have found yours and I am now your latest follower! I like your doll house/book shelf idea. I have also seen them used in laundry rooms for storage or to hold toilet paper rolls! I have one that my dad made when I was a kid that I want to put to use somehow. Cheers! Joann

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing idea, to turn a dollhouse into a bookcase! Gotta love Pinterest. :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little book display! Thanks for stopping by my blog, now following you!

    ReplyDelete