Monday, May 21, 2012

trash to treasure decorating.

i am the biggest fan of recycling old 'trash' and making it into something beautiful in my home. this weekend  i was lucky enough to have a visit from the number 1 handy man- aka dad, to help me practically achieve my artistic vision and transform our junk room into my dream dining room.
i was fortunate to snag a few old crates from a local garage sale this weekend and thought i'd turn them into a few things round the house.
we drilled 3 crates together to create some cute shelving.
and one of them became a planter box for some strawberries phil received as a gift for helping someone.
and while cleaning up the shed for our garage sale i found an old rake which i spray painted yellow and have set up in the dining room to hang wine glasses from... i just really need to stop breaking wine glasses and buy some more. these sad four are the last left of the wine glass collection we got for our wedding. maybe i'll be able to get some more from another garage sale :)
happy thrifting!!

1 comment:

  1. I love old crates. I don't have any room for them at my house though. I have never seen a rake as a glass holder....so clever & creative. Love it!

    ReplyDelete