We packed our bags and headed off to Clare to celebrate our two year wedding anniversary.
This gorgeous little town is located about a few hours from us and was the perfect location for our mini break.
It was such a lovely weekend I thought i'd do a little post about all that this picturesque town has to offer.
- an assortment of the most adorable and cosy b&bs
- wine gallore; it felt like ever corner we turned there was another winery on offer and to make it even better Clare has a bike track connecting the riesling trail so you can ride between the wineries.
- Ingredients for the perfect platter- my pantry is now stocked with chutneys, jams and sauces.
- Really fantastic Chinese food at the golden dragon restaurant
- food, food, glorious food...there were so many fantastic restaurants around.
With a car filled with chutneys, jams, sauces and wines we headed home, certain we'll be back again.
If you're thinking of a weekend in Clare I've made a little itinerary of some must see places:
- Sevenhill cellars with a cool underground crypt in the old monastery.
- Pauletts winery with great wine and the most fantastic views.
- Pikes winery with a gallery, good wine and homemade beer.
- Skillogalee- a little cottage restaurant with great service and food.
- Penna Lane winery with excellent dessert and excellent homemade jams, sauces and chutneys.